- Written your novel plan?
- Thought about your first 1667 words tomorrow?
- Connected with similarly crazy folk on the Nano site to be your writing buddies?
- Bought enough food for the month?
- Tidied the house within an inch of its life?
- Completed the washing and ironing and have enough clothes to last until the end of November?
- Talked to the dog about the fact that he/she can only use the garden for 30 days?
- Sent your kids to your in-laws?
- Set your alarm to get up an hour earlier each day?
- Told your boss not to expect too much this month?
- Made a giant casserole that will last you 30 days during November?
- Cancelled any commitments you had?
- Told your friends you’ll see them in December?
- Stocked up on beautiful new notebooks?
- Written down the emergency number of another author – just in case?
- Downloaded Scrivener or another writing tool for your computer?
- Disconnected from Facebook, Twitter and any other distracting sites?
- Turned off the Internet?
- Put motivational messages around your computer or house?
- Stocked up on coffee, biscuits and writing snacks?
- Bought a bumper pack of pens?
- Tidied your desk or writing space?
- Phoned the local coffee house to ensure they have enough coffee over the next 30 days?
If you’ve answered yes to all or some of the above, you’re ready or as ready as you’ll ever be.
Let the madness begin!